If you do find you’re letting your Social Media status slip, then consider creating a selection of evergreen style posts that are prewritten and scheduled so you are seen to be posting consistently. Then, prioritise some time as and when needed to share topical content where relevant.
Not sure what to post? Let’s start with the easy 4 W’s.
1. Who: Introduce Yourself
As your reach grows, it’s important to regularly update your audience on who you are and what you stand for as a brand. Depending on your industry, this could be behind the scenes and meet the teams or very brand-focused messages. Video posts or going live on your preferred Social Media platform is a great way to put a face to a name and add some personality to your posts.
You will find clients engage more and build rapport quicker if they know who they’re talking to. What’s more, once you finally meet in person or via a call, potential clients will better understand what to expect, which could speed up their decision-making process.
2. What: What Services Do You Provide
‘What’ can be a tricky topic to navigate as it’s essential to get a good balance of ‘Sales’ style content in with the rest of your mix. Existing clients who follow you will already know what it is you do (unless, for example, you’re launching a new service), and potential clients don’t want anyone too pushy.
As a general rule, your sales-focused posts should make up about 10% of your content, with the other 90% designed to inform and engage your audience.
3. Where: In-House or Outsourced?
Consultants are mostly either hired to join the team and work in-house (usually on a short to mid-term contract) or outsourced. In the digital age, it’s easier than ever for Consultants to liaise with business and team members without ever leaving the comfort of their own office. If you’re looking to reach new clients, then it helps to be as informative and transparent as possible, so they know where they stand right from the start.
4. Why: Why You?
Now, you’re likely slightly biased when it comes to ‘Why’, but Social Media is a fantastic platform to encourage others to sing your praises. Testimonials from existing or previous clients are a good way for newcomers to build their trust in you and, ultimately, commit to your services. Furthermore, use Social Media to share any USP’s (Unique Selling Points) you offer to gain an edge over your competitors.
Additional Post Ideas for a Consultant
Now you’ve told your audience and, hopefully, potential clients a little bit about yourself, be sure to share content that is designed to add value to encourage them to connect with / follow you on Social Media.
Consultants are often experts in their fields, and so Social Media platforms should be utilised to get this message across to potential clients. Thought leadership blog posts or articles can be shared to highlight your in-depth industry knowledge and skillsets without blatantly saying ‘I’m an expert’. By sharing links to a blog post, you’re also able to drive additional traffic to your website and improve your sites SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
Latest Industry News
Similar to the above, but with a greater focus on adding value to your followers feed rather than self-promotion, sharing the latest industry news and updates will benefit your audience.
Not only will it provide a greater mix of content across your Social Media platforms, but it will also give your audience something new to engage with and will likely work as a conversation starter.
However, any articles you share must be entirely accurate and from a reliable source.
It’s one thing having a handy list of post ideas to get your content rolling; it’s another understanding what your audience is actually responding to best. Within each Social Media platform, you will be able to review your results such as Reach, Impressions and Engagements to gain a better idea of what posts are working.
Last but not least, a business will be turning to you for assistance and advice, so it’s important you show them your brand and what you value. Don’t feel pressured into posting content just for the sake of it or because it’s #trending.
In today's fast-paced digital world, social...
Social media has seamlessly integrated into our...
Using Social Media As A Coach – In the ever-evolving landscape of the digital age, where tweets fly, likes multiply, and stories unfold at the swipe of a finger, coaching has taken on a whole new dimension. With the development of digital technology, the globe has never been more interconnected, providing coaches with several options to reach and motivate people all over the world.