A-list celebrities, sports stars, musicians, well-known brands, and prominent social media personalities are all represented with the blue verified account checks. Simply defined, the blue check represents significant trust and digital fame.
Benefits Of Getting Verified On Social Media
There are several advantages of having social media verification.
It builds trust with your audience
People are more likely to trust what you say and follow your recommendations when verified on social media. If you’re an influencer or a thought leader in your industry, being verified can help you expand your reach and build further trust with your target audience.
It can help you get more opportunities
A verified badge can open up new doors for business and career opportunities. If you’re looking to collaborate with other brands or land a speaking gig, having that blue check next to your name can give you a significant leg up on the competition.
It can increase your social media following
The fact is, that people are more likely to follow and engage with verified accounts. People who see that little blue check perceive your account as more credible and trustworthy. This can lead to a snowball effect of engagement and growth for your social media following.
It can boost your search engine optimisation (SEO)
When verified on social media, your account and content are more likely to appear in search engine results. This is because verified accounts are typically associated with high-quality content relevant to what people search for.
Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Verified On Facebook
Even if you meet all the verification criteria, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be verified. The process is mainly secretive, and Facebook doesn’t give any specific tips on how to increase your chances of being verified.
That said, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting verified:
- Keep It Professional: Make sure your account looks professional and represents your brand in a positive light.
- Be Active And Engaged: The more active and engaged you are on Facebook, the more likely you are to be noticed by the verification team.
- Build A Large And Engaged Following: The bigger your following, the more likely you will be verified.
- Link To Official Properties: If you have any official websites, social media accounts, or other online properties, link to them from your Facebook account.
- Provide Additional Information: The more information you can provide about yourself or your business, the better.
How To Stay Verified On Facebook
Even if you’re lucky enough to get verified, there’s no guarantee that your verification will last forever. Facebook has been known to remove verification from accounts for various reasons, such as violating the platform’s terms of service.
To avoid having your verification revoked, be sure to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Don’t violate Facebook’s terms of service.
- Keep your account active and engaged.
- Respond to any requests for information from Facebook promptly.
What Happens if Facebook Declines My Application?
If your application for verification is declined, you can resubmit it after 30 days. In the waiting period, try to improve the quality of your page.
Getting verified on Twitter is more complicated. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your profile fulfils Twitter’s activity standards.
- Start the verification process by clicking “request verification” in your account settings.
- A notification will appear informing you about more features of Twitter verifications—click “Start Now.”
- Select the correct category from a drop-down menu. Give evidence that you’ve made an adequate selection (e.g., your company website, news stories about you, etc.).
- Upload a photo of your government-issued ID.
- Submit your request!
To be eligible for verification, your account must meet the following criteria:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, business, or entity.
- Notable: Your account must be notable and have a good reputation.
- Active: Your account must be active, which means you must regularly tweet and interact with other users.
Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Verified On Twitter
There is no guarantee that you’ll be verified, even if you meet all the verification criteria. That said, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting a verified Twitter account:
- Make sure your brand’s Twitter profile is optimised: This means having a professional-looking profile photo and cover photo, a complete bio, and a link to your brand’s website.
- Be active on Twitter: The more active you are on Twitter, the more likely you will be noticed by the verification team. This means tweeting regularly, interacting with other users, and retweeting or quoting other tweets.
- Start and join engaging conversations: Twitter is all about the conversation. The more you start and join discussions to verify general interest accounts, the more likely you will be noticed—and verified.
- Grow your following: The bigger your following, the more likely you will be verified. So focus on growing your Twitter following organically.
Who can be Verified on Twitter?
Generally speaking, anyone can apply to be verified on Twitter. However, some groups of people are more likely to be verified than others. Here are some examples:
- Government officials
- Famous brands
Getting an Instagram verification badge is similar to getting verified on Facebook. Here’s what you need to do:
- To verify your account, go to Settings. Click on “Account” and “Request Verification.”
- Select a category or industry.
- After that, submit a photo of your government ID.
- It can be a driver’s license or passport for individuals. A utility bill, an official business document, or tax filings are required for businesses.
- Fill out the necessary boxes and then hit send to begin the verification process.
To be eligible for verification, your account must meet the following criteria:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business, or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of your brand or business on Instagram.
- Complete: Your account must be complete, including having a profile picture and at least one post.
- Public: Your account must be public.
- Notable: Examples of notables include public figures and celebrities, global brands and businesses, media organisations, and athletes.
Keep in mind that there is no required number of followers for a verification badge. You can apply if you fulfil the criteria above, whether you have 100,000 or less than 10,000 followers. Also, remember that even if your Facebook Page linked to your Instagram account is already verified, you will need to apply for an Instagram verification.
Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Verified On Instagram
There are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting verified on Instagram:
- Make sure your brand’s Instagram profile is optimised: This means having a professional-looking profile photo and cover photo, a complete bio, and a link to your brand’s website.
- Don’t try to buy a verification badge: Buying a verification badge is against Instagram’s terms and conditions. Not to mention, it doesn’t work. So don’t waste your time or money on this.
- Delete any cross-platform links in your bio: If you’re linking to your brand’s Facebook Page or Twitter profile in your Instagram bio, delete it. You want all the attention on your Instagram account, not your other social media channels.
- Increase interaction on your posts: The more likes, comments, and views your posts get, the more likely you will be verified. So make sure you’re creating high-quality content that will encourage your followers to interact with your posts.
- Be highly searched for on Instagram: The more people searching for you on Instagram, the more likely you will be verified. So focus on growing your Instagram following organically.
The process for getting verified on YouTube is pretty straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign in to YouTube with your Google account.
- Click ‘Contact flow.’
- Choose ‘Email Support.’
- Fill in the form.
- Submit and wait!
When you submit the form, YouTube will look at your channel and decide whether or not you qualify for verification.
To increase your chances of being verified on YouTube, make sure your channel meets the following criteria:
- You have over 100,000 subscribers.
- Authentic: You must be a real person, business, or entity.
- Complete: You must have a public channel and use a channel banner, description, and profile photo. The channel also needs to be active on YouTube and have posted content.
Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Verified On Youtube
You can do a few things to ensure your YouTube channel is as eligible as possible for verification. Here are a few tips:
- Build a recognisable brand: The more recognisable your brand is, the easier it will be for YouTube to verify your channel. So make sure you’re using consistent branding across your social media channels.
- Reach out to YouTube: If you think your channel meets all the verification criteria, reach out to YouTube and let them know!
- Post great content regularly: This should go without saying, but YouTube is more likely to verify a channel that regularly posts high-quality content. So make sure you’re putting out content that your audience will love.
- Be involved in the YouTube community: The more you’re involved in the YouTube community, the more likely you are to be known by YouTube and considered for verification. So comment on other people’s videos, participate in forums and groups, and collaborate with other YouTubers.
Getting verified on TikTok is a little different from other social media platforms. Unfortunately, there is no way to apply for verification on TikTok. You simply have to wait for TikTok to contact you.
Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Verified On TikTok
You can do a few things to make sure you’re eligible for verification on TikTok. Here are a few tips:
- Find your niche and keep producing: The more you create content in a specific niche, the more likely you are to be considered for verification. So, find your niche and stick to it!
- Engage and collaborate with other users: The more you engage with other TikTok users, the more likely you are to be considered for verification. So comment on other people’s videos, collaborate with other creators, and participate in TikTok challenges.
- Keep your account active: The more active you are on TikTok, the more likely you are to be considered for verification. So make sure you’re posting videos regularly and engaging with other users frequently.
- Become verified on another social media platform: If you’re already verified on another social media platform (like YouTube or Instagram), you’re more likely to be considered for verification on TikTok.
- Grow your following and go viral: The more followers you have, the more likely you will be considered for verification. So focus on growing your following and producing viral content.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms, and it’s also one of the most difficult to get verified on. That’s because Snapchat isn’t currently accepting applications for verification.
The only way to become verified on Snapchat is to be invited by Snapchat. And the only way to be invited by Snapchat is to have a large following and produce popular content.
Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Verified On Snapchat
You can do a few things to make sure you’re eligible for verification on Snapchat. Here are a few tips:
- Step up your content: The better your content is, the more likely you are to be considered for verification. So make sure you’re producing high-quality content that your audience will love.
- Grow your following: The more followers you have, the more likely you will be considered for verification. So focus on growing your following and producing viral content.
- Personalize your story: The more unique and interesting your story is, the more likely you are to be considered for verification. So make sure you’re putting your spin on your snaps!
- Do an SFS: Shootout for shoutouts (SFS) is when you offer to promote another user’s account in exchange for them promoting yours. This is a great way to grow your following and get on Snapchat’s radar.
- Cross-platform promotion: Promoting your Snapchat account on other social media platforms is a great way to get more followers and get noticed by Snapchat. So make sure you’re using all of your social media channels to promote your Snapchat account.
- Participate in trends: Participating in popular trends is a great way to get noticed by Snapchat. So if there’s a trend that’s popular on Snapchat, make sure you’re creating content around it.
They’re considered verified after they enter the provided code into LinkedIn Lookup. LinkedIn also implements skill evaluations that allow users to demonstrate their skills and earn a “verified skill” badge on their profile.
There are a few more methods to make yourself look more professional on LinkedIn. For example, you may purchase a Premium Membership to display a gold LinkedIn logo on your profile. This badge will distinguish you from the crowd and demonstrate that you are committed to the site to potential viewers.
The Bottom Line
These are only a few of the social media platforms available, each with its process for verification. The most important thing to remember is that you need to be active and engaged on the platform to have a chance of being verified. So get out there and start creating content!
The practice of tagging someone through social media posts has gained popularity in recent years as part of our global digital culture and the rise of the social network. People generally utilize this function to remind contacts and peers about an event they might be...
Facebook is one of the most popular and widely used social media platforms, and for good reason. It’s a great way to network, connect with family, friends, and colleagues, share content like videos and photos, and learn about new things that are happening in the world...