Adding interesting audio to Instagram stories is a delightful way to shake and entertain sound-on viewers.
It plays a meaningful role in how you share your life moments and express yourself with friends.
According to Brandwatch, 60% of Instagram Stories are played with the sound on.
So, if you want to make all the difference, add summery vibes with a chilled-out pop melody to your holiday pics and create an atmospheric mood for arty photos with your favorite audio.
There are a couple of ways to add music to Instagram stories, and in this guide, we shall tell you all one-by-one.
What is Instagram music?
In 2018, Instagram introduced a music widget to add music to when postiing Stories, allowing users to add their favorite songs to their photos, texts, and videos.
Users can access thousands of songs from the Instagram music library and share their stories in a new, musical way.
The Instagram music clip is capped at 15 seconds for all kinds of stories.
However, business accounts can’t access this feature due to copyrights and infringements agreements.
Also, the ability to choose a song before capturing video is only available on iOS, with Android coming soon.
But there is an extended option for users to add music along with the lyrics from third-party applications like Spotify, SoundCloud, etc.
In which regions Is Instagram music available?
Instagram music is available in Instagram version 51 and accessible in select countries, including the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Japan, and Portugal.
Unfortunately, outside those countries, you’ll get an error as you’re scrolling through stories that says, “Instagram Music isn’t available in your region.”
Why should you use Instagram music?
Perhaps you’ve got some cool photos or videos to share on your story, but still, it feels incomplete.
To make your images, videos, and texts more interesting and engaging, adding music to them is a great idea. It’s a good way to create a more entertaining story for your followers.
You can share the audio and place visually impressive lyrics in different styles in your story for your followers to sing along.
How do you put music on Instagram Stories 2022?
Multiple formats have been released to add music to Instagram stories since the launch of the music feature.
However, the most common way is to use the music sticker icon.
Here’s how to add a soundtrack to your stories and make them sing:
Open your profile in the Instagram app.
Click on the little plus icon in the top right corner and select story, or press your story icon at the top-left of your screen.
You can either create the story on the spot or select a pre-recorded one from your camera roll by clicking on the gallery icon on the bottom left corner.
Once you select the content for your story, press the smiley sticker button at the top of the screen.
Tap the option that says music.
You can also type the song title you want to use into search, for example, “summer days.”
Once your preferred song title pops up, select it to add to your story.
You can change the way subtitles are shown to your story in different fonts, colors, or placements. You can also replace it with the visual track of the song.
Once you are happy, tap Done at the top-right corner of the screen.
Why don’t I have a music sticker?
There could be the following reasons why you can’t add music to your Instagram story:
- Your app isn’t up to date. Try reinstalling the Instagram app to see if the sticker shows up.
- The music feature isn’t supported in your region. Use VPN to select a country where Instagram music stickers are available.
- Instagram music is accessible to private accounts only so if you have a business account you can’t access this feature due to copyright policies.
How to add music to an Instagram story without a music sticker
The method above shows how to add music to an Instagram story using the music sticker.
What if you can’t find the music sticker in your app?
Or the song you want to add to your story is not available in the Instagram music library?
Luckily, many popular music apps like Spotify, Soundcloud, and Shazam apps have an option to add your favorite music clip to your Instagram stories.
You can do this in your business accounts, as well, if you want to add copyright-free music.
Add music to Instagram stories via the Spotify app
- Install the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device because you can’t do this using the Spotify website.
- Open the Spotify app and search for a song you wish to add to your Instagram story; click on the three dots or the ellipsis icon to bring more options.
- Click on the share option in the playback menu, then tap the Instagram option.
- This will add the song and artist name, album cover, and other available media (such as song video) to your Instagram story.
- You could edit the story with a sticker, text, or anything from available options.
- Tap the Send to button to begin publishing your story.
- Choose the done button to publish your story with music from Spotify.
Add music to an Instagram story from the SoundCloud app
- Open the SoundCloud app and type the song you want to add to your Instagram story in the search bar.
- If you want to check how your story will look, click on the play button to preview the song. Otherwise, click on the share icon beside the music.
- Select the Instagram stories option. It will move you to the Instagram app shortly with the selected song added to the story.
- You may edit your story with stickers, texts, colors, or anything you want.
- Tap Done to share your Story with Music added from SoundCloud
Set the mood for the day
Once you figure out the process of adding music to your Instagram story, you’ll open the door to more opportunities to create an immersive and enjoyable experience for your viewers.
If you live in one of the supported countries, make sure to use this feature to your full advantage and create an enticing audio-visual experience for your audience.
It will earn you a lot of new followers with higher engagement rates.
So there you have it. The next time you wonder – how to add music to Instagram story – you will know what to do.
Stay tuned for more handy tips and guides to help you take control of your social media.
Businesses of all sizes can take advantage of Social Media marketing to reach wide audiences for...
With over half of the world's population now active on social media, social networks are essential...
--- HANG ON ---
Don't Miss Out!
Try our Social Media Scheduling Tool for Free