Pinterest is like an art gallery of beautiful photos where you find inspiration for almost anything. You can create your thematic boards and repin interesting pins you like. It’s also a goldmine for businesses, especially for photography, e-commerce, and DIY niches. Most users find inspiration for new products from Pinterest – It’s highly instrumental in driving traffic to websites.
But sometimes, you post something that has typos, is accidentally pinned, or is no longer relevant to your board. In any case, you are left with the question, “how to delete pin on Pinterest?”.
This guide covers all the how-tos you need to know. But before going on a deleting spree, you must think twice because you will not be able to revert the action.
Reasons for Deleting Pins on Pinterest
One might think, why would I ever delete something that I posted willingly? And this is right because before you go forward with deleting stuff from your profile, you should think about the reasons why it is absolutely necessary and only then do it. Here are three possible reasons that make it very necessary for you to delete content:
Here are some reasons that may lead you to delete pins on your Pinterest account.
- You Pinned something like spam or that goes against Pinterest guidelines that could get you in trouble.
- You have a typo that can affect your Pin’s performance.
- A deal you published has expired. Because if you keep the outdated deals and someone reshared your Pin, it will negatively impact your brand.
- The pins are underperforming. Once you delete the pin, you’ll see your average repin rates go up.
How to Delete a Pin on Desktop
Following are the best practices for deleting a pin on Pinterest Web.
- Open Pinterest and log into your account and click on your profile picture in the top-right of your screen.
- Click on a Pin you want to delete
- Once you open the Pin, click the ellipsis(…) icon.
- Select edit Pin option
- Click “Delete” in the bottom-left corner.
You’ll see a note that says, “Are you sure? Once you delete a Pin, you can’t undo it!”
If you are sure, click Delete to confirm the deletion.
How to delete a Pin on mobile
The process of deleting individual pins on the Pinterest mobile app (iOS and Android) is the same. You can follow these steps to delete a pin from your iOS app or Android app.
- Open the Pinterest app on your device and tap your profile picture in the bottom-right of your screen.
- Tap on a pin you want to delete
- Tap the ellipsis icon(…) in the top-right corner
- Select Edit Pin
- You’ll find the option “Delete this Pin” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Delete to confirm
How to delete multiple Pins from Pinterest boards
You can’t delete Pins in bulk directly from your Pins page. Instead, you can delete them from a specific Pinterest board you have created or the group boards you have joined. You can delete up to 50 Pins in one fell swoop (on desktop).
Here are the steps to delete multiple Pins on Desktop and Mobile.
Delete bulk Pins on desktop
Load Up Pinterest on your browser and log in to your account.
- Select your profile icon in the top right corner
- Select ‘Saved’ from the menu bar in your profile
- Select the board containing specific pins you want to delete.
- Select Organize and click on select all in the top right corner if you need to delete all the pins from the board.
- You may also click on particular pins you need to delete. A checkmark will appear in the bottom-right corner of each Pin.
- Select the Trash icon at the bottom of the screen
- You will see a note that says, “Delete this Pin. Are you sure you want to permanently delete this Pin?”
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion.
How to delete scheduled Pins on Pinterest?
If you are a company that always schedules 10 to 15 Pins every month to remain consistent and boot your profile, then you might want to know how to delete scheduled Pins.
Maybe you have scheduled a Pin that will no longer be effective or relevant for your profile and you changed your mind and want to unpin those Pins.
Whatever is your reason for unpinning, follow these steps:
Head over to your Pinterest profile page on your browser (or Pinterest app on iOS) and click on the created tab to find all your Pins (scheduled and published).
You can’t edit scheduled pins, but you can choose to delete them or have them published immediately.
- Select the pin you want to delete
- Click on the ellipsis icon and select delete pin.
The scheduling feature is only available on the Pinterest app on iOS and desktop.
What happens when you delete Pins on Pinterest
Deleting a pin you created will disappear from your board and profile, but it will remain on other users’ boards who saved it.
You can’t remove the Pinterest content you published completely if someone has shared it. It’s currently impossible.
So, it’s crucial to think twice when you post something on Pinterest, as it directly impacts your brand’s reputation.
Things you must know about deleting Pinterest Pins
You can move, copy, or delete one or multiple Pins only from the Pinterest boards you own.
The repins of your Pin will still exist on Pinterest if you have already deleted it from your profile.
When you have a particular prospect in mind, it's considerably simpler to connect with your target audience. However, while you may be certain who that person should be, your social media manager might have a different opinion. And your sales team could suggest...
With so many paid media methods integrated into the social media plans of successful brands from across the globe, organic social media strategy has been going through a rough patch lately. While it was the primary source of growth and showed excellent outputs in the...